The automatic settlement measuring device is used for monitoring the movements of road and railway structures, for example. The measuring device is also suitable for monitoring the condition of building foundations, landfills, dams, and other structures. A typical application is to monitor the behaviour of the footing of surrounding buildings at excavation site – a sensor can be attached to each corner of a building.
For measuring settlements, FinMeas delivers measuring devices which contain precise pressure sensors connected to a long fluid hose. The fluid hose measuring device can be hundreds of metres long, and the interval between sensors can be dozens of metres. The measuring device can be installed under ground or directly to the structure. The central processing unit of this device transfers the measurement data automatically to FinMeas Online, that provides you with an easy access to up-to-date measurement data from any device.
- Real time and exact information of possible settlements
- The sensors detect even settlements of 5 mm
- Therefore, it is ideal for locations where information is gathered from several points
- The service can be configured with threshold values which, when triggered, automatically send an alarm to mobile phones or emails of persons in charge
- Remote reading reduces unnecessary costs, delays and risk of errors
Read an article about the benefits of automatic monitoring.