Automatic monitoring of strain in steel is used to calculate structural loads and stresses. This is needed for assessing the condition of structures and for preventing loss of stability caused by excess loading. The most common applications include monitoring of concrete and metal structures such as tunnel linings, piles, foundations, bridges and dams.
To accommodate different monitoring purposes, FinMeas delivers a variety of strain gauges with different gauge lengths and patterns. Strain gauges are simple to install and can be directly embedded in concrete. The central processing unit of this device transfers the measurement data automatically to FinMeas Online that provides you with an easy access to up-to-date measurement data from any device.
- Automatic strain gauges are the most robust solution to monitor strain in steel in real time
- The devices can be customized meeting specific customers' needs
- Ideal for applications in fairly inaccessible locations
- Alarm to notify persons in charge if threshold is exceeded
- Remote reading reduces unnecessary costs, delays and risk of errors
Read an article about the benefits of automatic monitoring.